The way we workout has changed drastically during the last few months. We have had to adapt to working out on our own with no gyms, no classes and no group training. But we are fuelled by organic smoothies, protein shakes and fitness challenges which have made us determined to get in a workout at home in spite of small spaces.
What is Everesting?
One such fitness challenge everyone is attempting these days is Everesting. If you haven’t heard of the whole Everesting phenomenon, you pick any hill, anywhere in the world and complete repeats of it in a single activity until you complete 8,848m the height of Mount Everest. You can choose to complete the challenge on a bike, on foot by running or online.
As the challenge is mainly done alone in an open space or a quiet area with no other people around, it’s a perfect challenge to maintain social distance.
On completing the most difficult climbing challenge in the world you will find your name in the Hall of Fame, alongside the best climbers in the world. You also become a proud keeper of the cloud, by getting your hands on Everesting Jersey is the most coveted of hill-climbing kits.
Basically, it’s the perfectly insane challenge we need for this challenging time we all are going through the cause of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Things you should try before taking up the Challenge
Train at your home to prepare you for the challenge
Now if you have been planning to take up this challenge or any other for that matter, you already know that your fitness levels are the most important factor to help you complete this challenge. As the gyms have been closed due to the lockdown in most parts of the country, you can get in your workout by yourself while at home by doing home workouts like
- HIIT sessions
- Weight training with own body weight or modified weights
- Going for a run outdoors or indoors on a treadmill
- Spinning sessions at home with indoor bikes
- Rowing for a few minutes to get in a full-body workout.
Invest in Fitness Equipment to train better
Even after the opening of gyms many of us who wish to workout at home to maintain social distancing and safety concerns here are a few exercise equipment, you can check out to keep fit and ready to take up and complete any fitness challenge.
One of the most loved indoor bikes is Peloton. It’s an excellent indoor bike which helps replicate the experience of a studio cycling class within the confines of your own home with their live – streaming and on-demand classes on the inbuilt 22- inch touchscreen tablet. It helps you get a cardio workout along with allowing you to compete with other participants.
The bike costs a whopping $2,245 from Peloton
To enjoy the live sessions you pay an extra $39/month membership fee for the streaming content which consists of live and on-demand classes, yoga content. It has 14 live cycling classes daily and 10,000+ on-demand instructor led indoor cycling classes.
If you don’t wish to invest in the bike but wish to access the fitness classes to keep you motivated and help you achieve your goals you can get a membership of Peloton Digital at $19.49/month.
This lets you join up to 20 live studio workouts in NYC and London alongside world-class instructors, along with 10 other workout categories like yoga, running, Bootcamp, floor and outdoor workouts. Currently, they are offering a free 30- day trial!
Alternate affordable options for Workout equipment
If the Peloton Bike is not your cup of tea cause of the high pricing here are the more affordable options to choose from for home exercise bikes, treadmill, rowers and ellipticals.
1. Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Exercise Stationary Bike with Digital Monitor and 22 LB Chromed Flywheel all you need in some music in your ears to help power through.
The bikes come with a padded seat that can be adjusted 4 ways which offer user comfort and stability while the LCD monitor tracks your time, speed, distance and calories burned.
Get this bike from Amazon for $237.29 and Save 21%
2. Bowflex Treadmill with a 9″ full colour, back-lit LCD screen with 11 simplified “push and go” intuitive workout programs by Bowflex JRNY with a membership period of 2 months.
It is App compatible and has a Bluetooth connection with a maximum speed of 12 miles per hour. It also has a heart rate monitor, speaker, media shelf, and water bottle holder. Just select a workout program and sweat it out.
Get this treadmill for $1,899.00 from BestBuy and Save $35%.
3. Gymax Indoor Cycling Bike with an LCD display, 2 small wheels in the front for easy moving, break the design and heavy-duty flywheel with multi-function and adjustable resistance system.
The height-adjustable seat and handlebars make it a perfect fit for any body type, get on it be ready to take on any challenge.
Get this stationery cycle for $209.99 from Walmart and Save 45%.
4. Schwinn Upright Bike with a high resolution, backlit DualTrack LCD screen with 29 exercise programs so you can track your progress and an adjustable 3-speed fan to keep you cool.
It features an integrated heart rate grip sensors, oversized water bottle holder, 3 piece cranks, and transport wheels. It also helps you keep track of your time, calories burnt with SchwinnConnect or MyFitnessPal. Now, all it needs is for you to get on it and spin through one of the programs.
Get this upright bike for $499.99 from Amazon and Save 34%.
5. Nautilus Treadmill has 26 preloaded programs to help you customize your workouts and achieve your fitness goals.
It features Bluetooth connectivity, integrated Nautilus Fitness Score calculator, dual-track LCD display, heart rate monitor, media shelf with USB charging point and integrated music port and speakers.
Get this treadmill for $1,099.00 from BestBuy and Save 40%.
6. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike is a compact bike which is easy to move and store perfect for small spaces.
Get your workout done with the upright bike which has an 8 level Magnetic Tension control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. Track your workout on the LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, pulse and scan heart rate.
Get this bike for $185.82 from Amazon and Save 7%.
7. ProForm Rower to get a full-body workout and increase your stamina with the 24 digital resistance levels.
It features 5 high contrast display, inertia enhanced flywheel, and iFit coach enabled with a 1-year membership included. The SpaceSaver design with front-mounted wheels allows easy storage and moving.
Get this rower for $799.00 from BestBuy and Save 35%.
8. Folding Treadmill for small spaces so you don’t have to go running out during this pandemic.
It features LED display to track your speed, workout time, distance and calories burnt, a built-in MP3 player, cup holders to keep you hydrated. The machine can be controlled through the Bluetooth App as well as check your workout status. The foldable design makes it easy for storage.
Get this treadmill for $399.99 from Walmart and Save 35%.
9. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with back support which is ideal for beginners, or anyone with a chronic back pain.
This magnetic exercise bike has an adjustable seat, LCD display to show time, distance, and calories with adjustable resistance for up to 8 levels. It also includes handlebars for support and safety straps on pedals. With two transport wheels in the front makes it easy to store and move.
Get this from Amazon for $159.99 and Save 20%.
10. Stationary Exercise Bike with heavy flywheel and a tablet holder so you can join online spin classes to keep you motivated and help you keep fit.
The machine features 35LBS real flywheel weight which provides more resistance for training to help you burn calories, tension knob to adjust the resistance with a convenient twist, and an LCD display to show time, distance and calories burnt. The multi-grip handles have pulse rate stimulators.
Get this bike for $338.99 from Amazon and Save 21%.
11. ProForm Elliptical Trainer to experience studio workout sessions right inside your homes as it comes with a 1-year full-access membership of iFIT.
The features include 7″ HD touch screen to follow global trainers during workouts and check your workout status, 24 resistance levels, handgrip pulse sensor, tablet holder and front-mounted wheels to store away easily.
Get this elliptical for $1,399 from BestBuy and Save 40%.
Everesting is no doubt one of the most difficult climbing challenges, but with the right amount of training physically and mentally can get you in the Hall of Fame. Train your body even when you are home with workout equipment, to endure the difficult terrain and hours of pushing your body under pressure. The finish is nearer than you think and crossing it is sweet pleasure.